ADDENDUM TO TOUR CONDITIONS
(Clarification of Responsibility Clause and Cases of Force Majeure)
Discover The Bible Land Tours/Meditrav (DTBL) acts as a disclosed agent for principal airlines, air charters, hotels, bus companies, ground transportation, boat purveyors or owners, and other independent contractors, providing air travel, hotel accommodations, transportation, and/or other services abroad. Each of these companies is an independent corporation with its own management and is not subject to the control of DTBL, in regard to all arrangements for transportation, sightseeing, or for hotel accommodations for the tour. Transportation, accommodations and other services provided by the ground and air operators offered are subject to the terms and conditions contained in the tickets, exchange orders or vouchers issued by them and/or their suppliers. Neither DTBL nor The Tour Hosts (Tour Leaders) own, manage, control or operate any said supplier of services. DTBL, and the tour hosts cannot accept any responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay or changes in air schedules or other causes. All such losses or expenses will be the responsibility of the member of the tour, as the rates provided are for the arrangements only at the time stated. DTBL will honor the tour leaders request to cancel the tour, and to make adjustments to the itinerary before or after departure from the country of origin. DTBL reserves the right to cancel any tour prior to departure.
Moreover, if between planning time, and/or during actual travel operation, circumstances require changes, DTBL, and its suppliers of travel services reserve the right in their sole discretion to vary the itinerary and substitute components of any tour, if air schedule or surface transportation charges, security matters, and/or events beyond their control make such alterations necessary. Suppliers may substitute transportation equipment depending on any variety of factors, including the volume of passengers on the tour. Because DTBL does not have the right to control the operations of the independent operators and their suppliers, IT CANNOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO BAGGAGE, which may arise out of these services during or after the tour program. Your acceptance of the tour registration form, partial payment for a reservation, and/or acceptance of final vouchers or tickets shall be deemed to be consent to all the Passenger Terms and Conditions.
As lawful consideration for the agreement with DTBL, and to participate in such trips and activities, you hereby agree that you will not make a claim against DTBL, or the tour hosts, or sue for bodily injury, emotional trauma, death, and/or property damage, arising from participation in the tour or lack of participation therein. You, therefore, release DTBL, their employees, the tour hosts, and their family members, their employers or employees, from all claims, actions, and demands that you may have for bodily injury, death or property damage arising from your participation in a tour or lack of participation.
This Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk is entered into on behalf of all members of your family, including minors accompanying you. This agreement is binding on your heirs, legal representatives and assigns. If any portion of this agreement is unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
DTBL and the tour promoters and/or tour hosts reserve the right to refuse to accept or to retain as a member of any program any person at any time, and to pass on to program members any expenditure occasioned by delays or events beyond its control. In case of any appreciable variation in its cost, DTBL reserves the right to adjust its rates.
“Force Majeure” means, in relation to DTBL, any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of DTBL. (including, but without limitation, acts of God, explosion, flood, tempest, fire or accident, war or threat of war declared or undeclared, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance, requisition, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions or other untoward occurrences). If DTBL is affected by Force Majeure it shall forthwith notify you of the nature and extent thereof. DTBL shall not be deemed to be in breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise be liable to you, by reason of delay in performance, or by nonperformance, of any of its obligations hereunder to the extent that any such delay or nonperformance is due to any Force Majeure.
If DTBL, and/or any of its travel suppliers, are affected by Force Majeure, they shall be entitled to, and may in their sole and absolute discretion, vary or cancel any itinerary or arrangement in relation to the trip or your decision to cancel the trip. Payment of any refund by DTBL to you as a result of the nonperformance of any of DTBL’s obligations hereunder shall remain in its sole and absolute discretion although DTBL shall use its reasonable endeavors to reimburse you where possible. However, DTBL shall be entitled to deduct from any refund recoverable the reasonable actual and potential costs to DTBL of the Force Majeure. Regarding civil unrest, or State Department travel warnings (alerts) once DTBL has investigated the prevailing situation, as it deems fit, it shall remain in DTBL’s sole and absolute discretion whether to proceed with the trip. You may in such circumstances cancel the trip. However, if, after having made all reasonable and proper inquiries, DTBL is of the opinion that the trip may proceed, no refund will be payable to you and the provisions stated under Cancellations shall apply.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER
1. Because seats are limited on this tour, you are not considered “booked” on this tour until Discover the Bible Land Tours (DTBL) has received your deposit.
2. It is essential that you send us, a color photocopy of the picture page of your passport with your deposit and booking form. If you don’t have your passport yet, send your deposit and booking form to DTBL anyway to reserve your place on the tour. Then go to the nearest U.S. Post Office, get the passport form, fill it out and send it on its way. It usually takes 4-6 weeks to get your passport. If you are late in getting your passport underway, you will have to get an “Expedited Passport” and it will cost you an extra fee to the government.
LESS IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER
1. International travel is “easy” when you travel with Discover the Bible Lands Tours. (DTBL) We do the entire advance planning for you.
2. Travel “LITE;” most people pack more than they need. There are many helpful videos on the Internet or books to check out in the public library to help you travel lite. Please note the helpful “box” on many of the pages of this brochure which show the average high and low daily temps on our trip. We do this so you will know how to dress. There is a wide difference between the temperature at the Dead Sea and that of Jerusalem.
3. Your cell phone can be used on our tour to keep in touch with your friends and family at home. If you do want to use your phone on the tour, you have to call your phone company before you leave the US and tell them you want to use it internationally and then give them the tour dates. Your phone won’t work unless they turn on the International Switch. It’s always nice to keep in touch with those back home. You’ll need a plug adapter for your charger. You can buy a set of adapter electrical plugs at places like Wal-Mart or Lowe’s.
4. The buffet food that is offered in the hotels is generally “international” and comparable to what you’ll find in fine restaurants in the US. You can usually find something there that you like. For example, several of the hotels have a chef who makes made-to-order omelets at breakfast. Everything else is to be found on the self-service buffet breakfast bar. Lunches are “optional” on this tour at venues where you can get something simple or a meal. But really, if you load up on food at breakfast and have the full buffet dinner at night, which are both included in your package tour, you won’t need much for lunch. Some of our tour participants bring snacks, like trail mix, nuts, candies, small packages of cheese and crackers, and etc, from home. Some will take an apple or orange or cinnamon roll from the breakfast bar for lunch. We’ve never had anyone tell us they are leaving the dining room hungry. Only drink and brush your teeth with bottled water; all our bus drivers have a “cold water concession” available from him for a small amount.
5. DTBL has a system for keeping track of everyone’s luggage. Its presence is verified at each stop along the way by you and our representative and will be there when you need it.
For other things to “remember,” refer to the “Travel Tips” brochure that we will send you when we receive your booking deposit. Enjoy!